One of the most important aspects of getting the best skincare results is adhering to the proper skincare routine in the correct order. Only a few of the components in our skincare products can pass through our skin. You must apply skin care products in the proper order if you want the product to absorb as much as possible. You are squandering the product, time, and money if you don’t take care of the skincare order.
How to Determine the Correct Order for Your Skincare Steps?
The best way to proceed is to adhere to the directions listed in the product description. The general order is to layer the items, starting from the thinnest and finishing at the thickest product. Water-based products are used first since they are the thinnest. Maximum absorption is the goal; starting with lighter products will streamline this.
Keeping all the general principles in view, a few skincare orders may help you achieve better results. So, let’s get started!
Types of Skin & Conditions Each Type May Experience
According to the Dermatologist, there are five different skin types. These are:
- Normal Skin: This skin has a smooth texture, tiny pores, and great blood circulation. Aging can cause it to grow drier, a condition that medical professionals may describe as age-induced dryness.
- Dry Skin: This skin produces less sebum than normal skin. As a result, it cannot retain moisture and defend against outside bacteria. Scaling, flakiness in spots, itching, and tightness are all common symptoms of dry skin.
- Oily Skin: This type of skin produces excessive sebum, sometimes due to hormonal changes and stress. The skin is usually shiny, with noticeable pores, and may be prone to acne.
- Combination Skin: This skin type produces excessive sebum, sometimes due to hormonal changes and stress. The skin is usually shiny, with noticeable pores, and may be prone to acne.
- Sensitive Skin: People with sensitive skin are more likely to experience inflammation. Rosacea or eczema are two disorders that can cause sensitive skin.
Try ARM Pearl Beauty skin care products, with a great range of products that ensure you glowing and youthful skin.
How to Choose Different Products Based on Skin Type?
Based on their skin type, a person can choose a skin care product with the help of some factors. These entail:
- Ingredients: Some ingredients should not be used on all skin types since they can irritate the skin. Those with sensitive skin may want to select products without scents, parabens, or sulfates.
- Reviews: To understand whether a product is suitable for their skin type or condition, customers can read reviews from other customers.
- Personal habits: These affect how a person looks after their skin. For example, some products may increase the skin’s sensitivity to sunlight, so they may not be the best option for individuals who spend a lot of time in the sun.
Types of Products to Choose
There are several different types of products available for the skin, including:
- Serums: These affect how well someone takes care of their skin. Some products might not be ideal for those who spend a lot of time in the sun because they can make the skin more sensitive to sunlight.
- Moisturizers: It moisturizes the skin and keeps it moist. After a shower, applying them might help prevent dry skin. A milder moisturizer may be better for those with oily skin.
- Exfoliators: These exfoliate the skin’s top layer of dead skin cells and might boost circulation. They may not work well for delicate skin and irritate it.
- Eye creams: Eye creams may lessen the depth of deeper wrinkles and enhance under-eye smoothness.
Pay Attention to the Order of Ingredients
You must pay attention to where the primary ingredients appear on the ingredients list once you’ve chosen the one you want to focus on or control. Dr. David advises paying attention to the first five ingredients as a general rule of thumb because they usually comprise approximately 80% of the product’s composition.
Ingredients are listed from highest to lowest concentration. Therefore if one of the first five ingredients is troublesome or potentially unpleasant, you should avoid that product.
For different skin types and conditions, different skin care products are appropriate. Examples of skin care products are serums, moisturizers, exfoliators, night creams, skin whitening creams, and eye creams. Before making a purchase, consumers should review the product’s ingredients to be sure it addresses their specific skin needs and concerns.
Also Read: How to Use Fairness Creams Effectively?