It is considered to be the biggest organ in our body and it is vital to take care of it. We often face numerous skin conditions like blackheads, acne dry skin, and an uneven complexion. While there are numerous products for skin care on marketplace, they usually have harsh chemical ingredients that may cause skin damage over time. However, there are a variety of DIY tips to aid in removing skin issues effectively and without any effort.
- Honey to treat Acne Honey for Acne: Honey, a plant-based antibacterial ingredient which can be used to treat acne. Apply honey raw on the areas affected and allow it to sit for 15 to 20 mins before washing the area. Honey reduces inflammation and soothes the skin making it a great treatment for acne.
- Aloe Vera to treat Sunburn: Aloe vera is an organic moisturizer that can aid in soothing sunburned skin. Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the area affected and allow it to rest for 20-30 mins before washing it off. Aloe vera is a great way to in cooling and moisturizing the skin, which reduces the redness and inflammation.
- Baking soda for Blackheads Baking soda acts as a natural exfoliant which can aid in removing blackheads. Mix 1 teaspoon baking soda and a small amount of water and you’ll get the paste. Apply the paste on the areas affected and massage gently for a couple of minutes prior to taking it off and rinsing. Baking soda can help clear pores and eliminate the dead cells of skin, which makes it a highly effective solution for blackheads.
- Lemon to lighten dark spots Lemon is a natural bleaching agent which can help to lighten the appearance of dark marks on your skin. Apply fresh lemon juice on the areas that are affected and allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes prior to cleaning it off. Lemon juice helps lighten your skin by decreasing melanin production, which is responsible for dark spots.
- Turmeric is a great remedy for Acne Scars Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory substance that can diminish your appearance of scars from acne. Mix 1 teaspoon turmeric and a small amount of water in order to create an emulsion. Apply the paste on the areas of concern and let it rest for about 10 minutes before washing it off. Turmeric reduces inflammation and encourages the healing of skin which makes it a great treatment for acne scars.
- Oatmeal for dry skin: Oatmeal is a natural moisturizer that can soothe cracked and dry skin. Mix 1 cup oatmeal in warm water to make an oily paste. Apply the paste on the areas affected and allow it to sit for about 20-30 mins before washing it off. Oatmeal helps to moisturize and soothe the skin, decreasing dryness and itching.
- Cucumber to help with puffy Eyes: Cucumber is a natural astringent that helps to reduce the appearance of puffiness as well as dark circles around eyes. Cut cucumber slices into pieces and apply them to the eyes for a period of 10 to 15 minutes before taking them off. Cucumber helps to cool and soften the skin, which can reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness.
- Tea Tree Oil to treat Acne The oil of tea tree is an antiseptic that’s natural which can be used to treat acne. Use a couple of drops tea tree oil on the affected areas, and gently massage them for about a minute before placing it in the fridge for the night. Tea tree oil is a great way to reduce inflammation and kills acne-causing bacteria. This makes it an effective treatment option for acne.
- Papaya can be used to treat Uneven skin tone: Papaya is a natural exfoliant, which can help to even out the tone of your skin. Mash a fresh papaya and apply it to your face for 20-30 minutes prior to washing it off. Papaya is a rich source of enzymes that cleanse and brighten the skin which reduces visible dark spots and uneven skin tone.