Lips that are dark can cause stress for many people However, the good news is that there are a lot of natural solutions that aid in whitening and brightening the lips. One of the best methods get this done is making your own lip balm. Not only is it the best method to save money, it also lets you to make sure that you control the ingredients that go into the lip balm, making sure that it’s not contaminated by harmful chemicals and other unneeded additives.
Here’s how you can make your own lip balm for lips with dark spots:
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax
- 2 tbsp shea butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of oil from vitamin E
- 5 drops of essential oil peppermint (optional)
- In a double boiler melt the beeswax and shea butter and coconut oil. Mix it up until the mixture melts completely.
- Remove the hot mixture and mix in Vitamin E oil and essential oil of peppermint (if you’re using).
- Place the mix in a smaller bowl and let it cool to set.
- When the lip balm is cool and is cooled, put it on your lips anytime they appear rough or dry. Make sure to apply it often to improve the appearance of your lips as time passes.
Benefits of Homemade Lip Balm for Dark Lips
- Natural ingredients Making one’s own balm for your lips will mean you will not have to usage of toxic chemicals as well as artificial ingredients commonly found within commercial balms for your lips. Beeswax and shea butter, coconut oil as well as Vitamin E oil are natural, gentle ingredients that help nourish and moisten your lips.
- Flexible: You can modify your lip balm at home to your own preferences. For instance, if dislike the smell of peppermint, then you can remove it or replace it with a different essential oil you like.
- Cost-effective: The purchase of natural lip balms can be costly Making your own is a cheap alternative. Additionally you’ll have enough to last for a long duration.
- Helps to lighten dark-colored lips. The combination of natural ingredients found in this balm for lips can help lighten and brighten the lips with time. Beeswax protects the lips against further harm while coconut oil and shea butter give you a hydrating boost. Vitamin E oil well-known for helping diminish visible dark marks on the skin which may help reduce the appearance of dark lips.
Other Tips to Lighten Dark Lips
- Cleanse regularly Dead skin cells could accumulate over your lips which can make your lips appear darker. Regular exfoliation will help eliminate dead skin cells, revealing more luminous, smoother lips. You can apply the lip scrub or apply a toothbrush to your lips to scrub them.
- Keep hydrated: Drinking lots of water is a great way in keeping your lips well-hydrated and stop the lips from becoming dry and chapped.
- Beware of smoking cigarettes: Smoking cigarettes causes your lips to turn dark and discolored in time. Quitting smoking can improve the appearance of your lips.
- Wear sunscreen: Much like other parts part of the skin, lips may be damaged by ultraviolet rays that cause damage to your skin. The application of a balm for your lips that contains SPF can shield your lips from sunburn.
Making your own lip balm can be a quick and cost-effective option to brighten and lighten lips that are dark. Utilizing natural ingredients such as beeswax, shea butter coconut oil as well as vitamin E oils you can provide nourishment and moisture to your lips and reduce your appearance with dark circles. If you use it regularly and follow other tips for your skin will give you the smooth, soft, and healthy-looking lips.