Lip balms are an essential beauty item, particularly in the cold and dry winter months. However, many products for your lips on the market contain harmful chemicals that could do much more damage than good for your lips. It’s therefore a good idea to create your homemade lip balm with natural ingredients like beetroot. Beetroot is a natural color which can provide your lips with gorgeous color while providing moisture and nourishment. In this post, we’ll walk you through the process step-by-step of making your own lip balm using beetroot.
The ingredients you’ll need are:
One tablespoon beeswax
- 1 tablespoon Shea Butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- One teaspoon beetroot powder
- 5-10 drops essential oil (optional)
- Step 1 Melt the beeswax shea butter as well as coconut oil, in a double saucepan over low temperatures. Stir frequently until all melts and is combined.
- Step 2: When everything has been melted, add the beetroot powder into the mix and mix well. You can alter how much beetroot powder you use to the desired intensity of color.
- Step 3: If you’d like to scent the lip balm, now is the perfect time to add the essential oils to the mix. You can pick any essential oil you prefer, but excellent choices for lip balms include lavender, peppermint, or vanilla.
- Step 4. Pour the mix into a container for lip balm. You can recycle an old container for lip balm or buy empty ones on the internet or in a craft store.
- Step 5: Allow the lip balm to cool, then set at temperatures at room temperature for several minutes or put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes. When it’s solid the lip balm is now ready to apply.
Strategies and alternatives
If you do not have beetroot powder create your own using greasing a fresh beetroot then dry it out in an oven with a lower temperature until it is completely dry. After drying, crush the beetroot into an extremely fine powder with the food processor or spice grinder. You can play around with other natural colors to make different colors of your lip balm. For instance, you can apply cocoa powder for brown hue or turmeric powder to create an orange tint. To create a vegan version of these lip balms, replace the beeswax ingredient with soy wax or candelilla wax. If you like a soft texture, you can decrease your amount of beeswax used and raise the percentage of coconut oil as well as shea butter. However you may prefer a firmer texture you could increase the amount of beeswax while reducing the amount of shea butter and coconut oil. Be sure to label the container of lip balm with the date and the ingredients to let you know the date it was created and what’s inside.
Benefits of Using Natural Lip Balms For Your Lips
Make your own balm for lips from natural ingredients such as beetroot offers numerous advantages. First, you’ll be aware of the ingredients in the balm for your lips and be free of harmful chemicals often present on commercially-produced lip balms like parabens, petrolatum, and artificial colorants and flavors. Furthermore, natural ingredients such as beeswax and shea butter as well coconut oil can be moisturizers and nourish the lips, which helps prevent dryness, cracking and chapping. Additionally the use of an emulsified lip balm that is tinted by using beetroot, you can provide your lips with a subtle, natural-looking shade that is a perfect match for the skin color.